ClintBarton

98 Subaru Outback: wanting to buy, engine problems

Рекомендуемые сообщения

ClintBarton    0

Hello,

I have found a 1998 Subaru Outback with 95K miles on it. It is a 2.5L enginge with a 5 speend manual tranny. I like the car and I need the 4 doors and the wagon capability. AWD might not be that useful in Texas, but I don't plan on driving the car only in Texas. I currently have a 1990 Honda Accord that is looking to have some work done to it (1) timing belt 2) leaking, but not burning, oil 3) dodgy power steering) and it has served me well. It has 220K on it as well. It is also a 2 door which I find very burdensome at times especially when I could greatly use the space of a wagon or 4 doors.

I test drove the Outback this past weekend and here is what I noticed:1) The engine has a meatier sound to it than the Accord because of the H4 engine2) The Accord feels much more nimble and easier to steer, but I know these two cars and totally different in design3) I can feel the engine vibration through shifter whereas the Accord is almost perfectly still when driving. THis could be because the Subaru needs a new clutch as well.4) I like the driving stance of the Outback better since it sits higher and is easier to get in and out of.So, there you go. Also, here is the ad from Auotrader.com. Asking price is $7950 which I think is ridiculous. I'm going to offer him $6000 and start from there. The car needs a new clutch and new rearbrakes well. Can someone with a Carfax account pull the report for me, please? Here is the VIN:  4S3BG6856W6641540 Finally, I have bee doing some research towards the Outback and the engine (EJ25 Phase I) in the car. Apparently, this engine is known for head gasket problems. Has anyone heard about these HG problems? Should this disuade me from purchasing the otherwise car of my dreams? Here is a link to more info about the head gasket problems. And for former and current Outback owners, how do you like them?.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=379763

Video production quote

Thank you

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас

• Сейчас на странице   0 пользователей

Нет пользователей, просматривающих эту страницу